Rules and Information:
Judges: Vic Bourassa, Julie Logue-Riordan and Mark Riordan
Chief Scorekeeper: TBD
Each contestant must cook a minimum of four (4) quarts of competition chili.
Contestants are permitted to prepare only one (1) pot of competition chili, which will be submitted for judging. Any additional chili (Other than that which is submitted) will be for public consumption.
Each contestant will be assigned a “contestants number” by the Chief Scorekeeper.
In this competition the chili will be blind judged (no one knows the identity of the cook) and scorecards will be based on the following:
1. Flavor: The chili should have good flavoring and chili pepper taste (not too hot or not too mild), Blending of the spices and how well they have permeated the meat.
2. Texture and Consistency: The texture of the meat shall not be tough or mushy, should be a smooth combination of meat and gravy not too thin or too thick.
3. Presentation: Visually appealing.
10 points for each of the 3 categories.
Judges determine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. There will also be and audience favorite award separate from the judges. One vote per guest.
●The Cook-Off will be held from 12:00 – 4:00 on Saturday, June 14, 2013 at the winery. Please arrive at 11:30.
●Bring your prepared chili in a crockpot. We have extension cords and tables.
●Bring a printed copy of your recipe, or you may email it to me, and I’ll print it out (if you like)
●Bring any fixing’s (toppings) you’d like for your recipe.
●We will provide bowls and utensils.
• Contestants will receive a Bourassa Apron (or Shirt) and Hat.
• The awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize winners will be presented at 1:30 p.m.
1ST Prize – Bourassa Logo Chef Coat and Signed Bottle of Bourassa Wine.
2nd Prize – 2 Bottles of Signed Bourassa Wine
3rd Prize – 1 Bottles of Signed Bourassa Wine
The best of luck and we look forward to spending a fun Saturday with you!